Thursday, March 26, 2009

One Month

My daughter turned one month today. I am blown away by this idea. I don't know what month brings about the biggest changes, but I've noticed in this month that she is much more substantial physically, her neck is stronger and she is able to hold it up much longer than I thought she would. When lying on our chests, she will stretch out her neck and look around for several seconds at a time. I've also noticed a large change in her eyes. Early on her eyes were mostly closed, and when they were open, they were wonky and sometimes crossed. Now they are focused and, while I don't know if her vision has improved, you certainly get the sense that she is looking at you.

My friend's daughter is exactly six months older than my daughter, and seeing the difference is amazing. She is sitting up and playing, beginning to crawl, has a full range of expressions, and two teeth. Seeing the way my daughter has developed in one month, makes me amazed that there are still more special unique developments to come.

No comments: